Want to sign up your child or children for group lessons with kids of similar age and skill level? We have all the bases covered at the Newington Tennis Center. We will have 4 program sessions in the 2017-2018 season. It is okay for you to bring in your child once to see how he/she likes it and pay a one time drop-in fee. You can continue to do this throughout the season with some notice given. Furthermore, even if you have missed the start of the program and would like to sign-up your kid, we can prorate the price for the amount of classes left. Call-in to inquire.
Red Ball (5 to 10 years old)
- Focuses on development of tennis based skills using methods to encourage rallying with modified play for children in this age group.
- 60 minute class once a week
- Wednesday 5:30-6:30 or Saturday 11:00-12:00
- *Session I Rates*: $280 for 10 weeks or $252 for 9 weeks
Orange Ball (8-10 years old)
- Advances work on technique and begins focus on formative strategies for match play, typically for players which have completed the Red Ball program. Students develop stroke techniques and strategy for junior match play.
- One hour class, once a week.
- Mondays 4:30-5:30, Wednesdays 4:30-5:30, Saturdays 11:00-12:00.
- *Session I Rate*: Mondays and Wednesdays $280 for 10 weeks, Saturday $252 for 9 weeks
Classes For 11-18 Year Olds
Challenger (11-15 years old)
- Class designed for beginners of an older age. Instructing strategies thus differ, but the fundamentals taught are similar. Technique is most important here…so kids who may have gotten a late start to tennis can quickly be able to play consistently and be able to rally with friends or opponents in a match. Will use both green tennis balls and “regular” yellow tennis balls.
- One hour class, once a week
- Mondays 5:30-6:30
- *Session I Rate*: $280 for 10 weeks
High School Prospects (13-18 years old)
- Will exclusively use regular tennis balls. Designed for the kids preparing to join or are on a high-school team that want to improve their standing for the upcoming season.
- Sundays 5:00-6:00
- *Session I Rate*: $252 for 9 weeks
- Classes designed to generally get kids to play at a higher level and become more prepared for future match situations. Classes focus mainly on technique, strategy and match situations.
- 90 minute classes, once a week
- Tuesdays 4:30-6:00
- *Session I Rate*: $380 for 10 weeks
Elite and Elite Plus
- This is an advanced class for current or prospective USTA tournament players without a specific age requirement.
- Focuses on match play, strategy, concentration and fitness. Much more intensive in all facets, including technique.
- Tuesdays 4:00-6:00, Thursdays 4:00-6:00 and Saturdays 9:30-11:00
- *Session I Rate*: $342 for 90 minute class for 9 Weeks (Saturday Class)
- •*Session I Rate*: $440 for 120 minute class for 10 Weeks (Tuesday and Thursday Classes)
Session I runs from 9/5/17 – 11/10/17..Session II is from 11/11/17 – 1/26/18..Session III is 1/27/18 – 4/6/18 and Session IV will be from 4/7/18 – 6/15/18
There is a 10% discount when signing up for two classes. This applies for 2 kids in 2 classes or 1 kid in 2 classes.
Contact us and sign up your child today!